I made this burda pattern for my little for my littles Easter dress.
It was a perfect sized fit. I knew the pattern could be modified to others styles.
The fist thing I did was to make a copy.
I decided to make the length a slightly longer than her natural waist. The original pattern was an A line. I wanted to be able to add a full skirt.I also extended the sleeve length by about 3/4 of an inch.
My oldest daughter had this wild pattern dress from the 80’s. It was going to hit the trash, however I envisioned a new dress.
The pattern shows a Peter Pan collar which I eventually omitted .
Here is the final results. I absolutely love it. The skirt at the bottom has about 8 pleats in the front. I did not have enough to do a ruffle so I modified to have just a little shape.